Saturday 24 March 2012

Lazy Day

Fairly short post, reflecting the little I did on my Sunday.


This morning I was feeling pretty lazy and didn’t too much. Once I woke up from my amazing lie-in, my morning mainly consisted of replying to emails and playing draw something. I also watched some old Sabrina and the Teenage Witch and Kenan & Kel, which was a flashback to childhood. Sadly I remembered each of the episodes watched, which shows I watched it too much as a child, perhaps! :p 

At about 13:00 I decided to have a shower and get ready to go out for a bit. I decided to go for a walk around Waitangi, up to the top of Tikitiki hill, if I could. It was about a 15 minute walk and I hadn’t been up there before, I wasn’t sure if I could even reach the top. I was barked at by a tiny dog for the whole walk up to the top of the hill. It’s probably the coolest setting for a TV studio I’ve ever seen, although it looked fairly abandoned. At the top of Tikitiki hill, I had a clear view of the whole of Waitangi, from a different point of view. I could see the entire settlement and bay, as well as Lake Huro in the background. I did have to be careful taking photos, as I was very near the cliff edge.
Self Explanatory Sign

View of Waitangi from the top of Tikitiki Hill

Probably the coolest TV Studio I've ever seen

Waitangi Wharf, with Lake huro beyond the sand dunes

One of the Churches on the Island, although it is generally no longer used


On the walk home I decided to go fishing for a little while, to try and catch my tea! When I got back to the hospital, I thought I’d take some pictures of the Church for my parents to reminisce. I dropped my camera off before taking the gear down to the wharf for an hour’s fishing, or so. I had a few bites, but didn’t catch a thing this time.
That was my lazy day, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment