Saturday 10 March 2012

Down the Pub!

After the wild food fest had finished up for the day, I was told everyone usually goes down to the pub to get positively wasted. So when in Rome and all that, I went down to see what it was all about with a few of the girls from work. I was told the "local" thing to do would be to have $12, 745ml bottle with a tiny glass, so that's what I did. I didn't actually pay for the first round, but I was bought a "Tui" and it was quite nice.  When I say "pub", it is a bar at the hotel on the island and is no bigger than my lounge at home!

I only planned to have one drink, but the drinks kept coming from the locals, even if I didn't ask for one. I did buy myself and one of the nurses one drink, and so I chose to try some NZ cider. It was quite dry and reasonably expensive (about £4/340ml bottle). Pictures to come. Last night was also the first time I have ever tried JD and coke. It was a pre-mixed bottle and just tasted like coke tbh, but I couldn't complain as I didn't buy any of them!

The band were the same from early, at the festival - the Foxymoronz. In my previous post I didn't exactly rave about them, but they were actually much better in the evening! I also slated them for only doing covers, but then it transpires they are a cover band. I'm not exactly the most musical fanatical person you'll ever meet, so my opinion probably doesn't count for much. The lead singer, Joan Corbett had a pretty good voice and was probably the most impressive person of the band. The bassist and drummer both did pretty awesome solo's, but then again, I don't know what's particularly good or bad. :p This is their website anyway: http://www.foxymoronz.com/

Self explantory, it was quite nice!

This is the "Tui", which is one of the two main beverages of choice for the locals.

Massive 745ml bottle of Tui, with a tiny glass!

This is the Foxymoronz, this is fairly early on before the dancefloor got packed out.

So this was my first night down at the pub and I didn't even have a hangover this morning! Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment